Monday 14 January 2008

The trouble with electricity

is that we rely on it when we are supposed to have it. We've just had a third power cut this evening. Two happened before I came home, and one just now. The first lasted about an hour, the second a few minutes, and the latest about 10 minutes. I was just starting to blog when it happened.

Goldie was the one trying to bite his way out of the garden today. b's defences worked, and he didn't succeed. Maybe he was the ringleader all along. Leavy explored leaping over into the veg garden again, but the rope holding the wire fence tight seems to have done the trick.

The FDA auditor arrived at work today. The place looks immaculate, and everyone is on high alert. So far, so good. He has got stuck into the work, though, and isn't missing anything.

Leavy just alerted us to the fact that there seemed to be someone at the door. I went out to it, not expecting anyone to be there, and locked it. b told me he was expecting the "gate" man to call so I went and looked again. And there he was, being very polite about the fact that I had just ignored him and left him out in the rain. I think he is going to give us a quote for a new side gate.

Shannon Sailing has made a hole under Ian's bed to look at our water tanks and has found huge tanks under there. When they emptied them the boat rose up about 8 inches (15 cms!). It looks like it will be impossible to line them with plastic at the front, though, so they are going to look at the back ones.

No news has come yet re Grandpa. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know any more.

No comments: