Grandpa is now recovering from the eye operation. The doctor is happy that it went as well as could be expected, so now it is a matter of time until we know how successful it has been. The outcome is painful, so his eye is covered to ensure that he doesn't agitate it. I suppose you can't put a collar on a man, like you can on our dogs!! The general anaesthetic has laid him a bit low, and he was sick this morning, but he has now started to eat again and so Granny is optimistic that this will make all the difference. He will get out of hospital on Sunday, so I'll ring him on Sunday evening. Granny suggested leaving him to rest tomorrow, rather than visiting him.
The weekend has finally arrived. It's due to continue raining, which will encourage me to stay in and invent what I want to say to Newtown Association at their agm on Monday week. What is my "vision for Newtown", I wonder? I'll probably de-personalise it and talk about what School Committee has been doing to determine their vision.
I had my car serviced today. This was the first service in over a year, which is a great service interval. Next time it needs one may be when I'm selling it.
The rain this week means that the river level is exceptionally high, and everywhere is mucky. Even the non-carpeted living room and kitchen floors get very dirty every day from the fun the dogs have in the muck. Today Pippa's little cosy bed was retrieved from the flower bed and was extremely mucky. Goldie or Leavy must have decided it needed burying yesterday, as it went missing during the day. I must take photos of the river tomorrow, and insert them here.
Friday 18 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment