Monday 7 January 2008

The cooker is mended

The bloke came to fix the cooker element today and, this time, actually fixed it. That means we can grill waffles again...

I was in work at 7.45am today and suddenly it was 6pm. What did I do that was useful in between those two times? Hmm, maybe it's best not to ask questions like that in case I don't have a happy answer. Anyway, I'm home now (7.06pm) and ready for a nice meal, which smells like it is on its way.

I ordered some wool for knitting yesterday evening. That was a strange thing to do as I haven't done knitting for years. However, I decided I needed something to keep me occupied while I watch awful TV programmes, and also I need a slipover thingy to go over blouses as part of my work gear. I have no idea whether the wool will be good when I get it, or even if I have ordered the right amount. It is possible to buy a pattern on-line, but for some reason they don't let you see details such as how much wool you need to knit it, so I've had to guess. It will end up being sleeveless because I don't have wool, rather than because that is what I intended anyway. Or, it will end up having sleeves because I want to use up the wool.

No comments: