On each day this week I have wondered why people have been disappearing home "early" from work, only to discover that it was after going-home time. How time flies when you're busy! Every minute has been taken up with something, and I've also missed doing lots of things I should be doing. However, today I think I've nearly finalised the bonus file so that I can send it to payroll. Tomorrow I need to complete the salary file for all the salary changes for 1st March. In addition we decided to change our health insurer, so there have been meetings with the new insurers, and people who need to be reassured that their various ailments will still be covered, without a break, by the new insurer. We've also had a visitor from the US who has needed attention, and a set of interviews for a senior vacancy. At least it is a good complaint to be busy during a recession.
I think the dogs are exhausted by it all. They are certainly being quiet, for once, and seem comfortable lying in their various locations. Goldie is dreaming as he grunts every now and again.
Why is it that when I find a hairdresser that I like she goes and works elsewhere? It's happened again. Is this a reflection on me, or is it that it isn't worth being a hairdresser if you are having to rely on someone like me to keep you in style? Anyway, instead of having a haircut on Saturday I'm going to have my eyes tested. The dogs decided that my glasses tasted good, so they (the glasses, that is) are no longer. Luckily they aren't my only pair, but my sight is deteriorating so I'm going to see whether there are glasses that will help when I look at a computer.
The new engine in Knocknagow is nearly ready for trying out. It's very exciting. We might actually have a working boat in time for Easter! They are now going to do some work on the hydraulics, so we'll be able to use our anchor again without getting it permanently stuck on the bottom of the lake. We'd better go up and have a look at it all soon, and even do some cleaning.
Prime Time is on TV at the moment. It is, as usual, very boring. It's not a programme I enjoy. I watched the final of Masterchef earlier, and the goody (my favourite) won. I think I might head to bed now and read my book by Barack Obama.
Thursday 26 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment