Thursday 19 February 2009

Tomorrow it's Ballymaloe

Well, I'm off to learn about wine at Ballymaloe tomorrow evening after work. It's going to be a hard weekend... first, a wine tasting, then a dinner. On Saturday it's straight into a day of learning about wine (after a sumptuous breakfast), followed by another dinner. I'll tear myself away on Sunday morning after another breakfast. Tough, isn't it?

Anyway, this has been a busy week. I managed to get home from Dublin last night, a day earlier than expected. I've only been at work for 1 day in the last 10 so it was hectic. I'm going to be spending long hours catching up at what is one of the busiest times of the year. Pay increases and bonuses are all to be calculated and agreed by the end of next week, so panic reigns.

Goldie decided to eat the door-post in the middle of the night last night. It didn't make for easy sleeping. He wasn't interested in going outside, but couldn't settle. He disturbs quite a lot of nights at the moment. He doesn't seem to be in pain, but also can't settle. Leavy (at least, we assume it was her) managed an interesting task today. She emptied the meat from one bowl into the water bowl, making a lovely watery mix. It was neatly done!

It's eating time, so bye bye for now.

No comments: