Saturday 7 February 2009

Sun, and all that

It is absolutely beautiful out today. It's very cold away from the sun, but the skies are clear and there is no wind.

I attempted to light a bonfire this morning as I have a pile of old raspberry canes in the veggie garden. It wasn't successful as they are still too wet, but I enjoyed just trying to get it started and hanging around watching the flames that did come out of it. I also went for a walk with the dogs, passing pleasanteries with other walkers who were also enjoying the day.

We have rats in the compost heap, which is not very nice. I bought lots of poison last Sunday and we are waiting to see whether it has been successful. They seem to have been attracted by the bird seed that was falling onto the compost, so we've moved the bird food back onto the patio area where the dogs might act as ratters if they appear.

Did I tell you about my visit to Ballymaloe? Well, I've been given a present of a wine appreciation course in Ballymaloe House. It is the weekend after next. It starts with a dinner and wine on Friday evening. The course itself is on the Saturday, followed by dinner again on Saturday evening. It finishes after breakfast on Sunday. I'm invited on my own, so b will stay at home with the dogs, and that is the only down side of it. He has encouraged me to go, so I'm determined to relax and enjoy it.

No comments: