Sunday 1 March 2009

Sunny day

I planted some seeds today, marking the start of the growing season. I planted them in pots in my greenhouse, but I hope that they will pop up nicely and just in time for the warmer weather we'll get in the next month or so. I've planted about 4 varieties of tomatoes, 1 variety of cucumber, aubergines (I've never tried them before), and some peas. I also transplanted some strawberries into pots that are big enough for them to grow into full-blown plants. I acquired a pottery planter thingy that allows 10 plants to poke out of it in different directions at different levels, and the rest have gone into conventional pots. I'm keeping them in the greenhouse for the moment but may put them outside as it gets milder.

The trouble about having a weekend with nothing on is that it allows me to realise how tired I am. I'm not sure I can face going into work tomorrow..... however, I will.

No comments: