My therapy this morning after a stressful couple of days of committees and meetings at NSW the last couple of days was to plant all the veggie seedlings given to me by Alan Pim. It's amazing how much will fit into a small garden, but it is now pretty much full. I think we will have a glut of runner beans, and maybe of beetroot, but the rest of what I've planted should just give us nice tasters. We've already had a meal of rocket, which was very tasty. More has grown back where I picked it, so there will be enough for a meal this week as well.
The tomato plants seem to be surviving their drowning and are gradually starting to get a bit more green looking again. I have about 6 sunflower seeds growing in various places at the moment - I think 3 of them were from Carolan's never-carried-out attempt to plant sunflowers in the waste patches of Bangor. Never mind, Castleconnell's best garden will gain...
b has brought a load of metal to the scrap merchants, so our front garden is beginning to clear out. There is more to be brought, and some remnants of our old kitchen cabinets, but it looks a bit tidier all the same. My hanging basket by the front door turns the eye away from the scrap now, anyway.
The dogs had a run by the lake this morning after b went to Killaloe market. They are now flat out in cool spots, trying to sleep out the heat. We have all windows open and are not venturing outside much today. Ian looked pale when I saw him yesterday as he has decided to avoid the sun - sunstroke and exams don't go well together, he says. I hope he is currently madly doing sample maths questions as tomorrow's exam is the harder of the two exams.
Thursday 7 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want to see the garden! I'm off to London again tomorrow for the Student Radio Association this time so I'll speak to you on Tuesday hopefully. I've just been watching a rat run around my back garden for the second evening in a row so am looking forward to moving out!
Post a Comment