Sunday 3 June 2007

The lads are lazing

I spent the morning gardening but began to wonder whether Ian and b were alive when I still heard no sounds at mid-day. They were both fast asleep while I was slaving away.

I hoed the veg garden, cut back over-grown plants in the main garden, planted the items I had bought at the Newtown plant sale, tidied the flower bed at the front of the house (well, a little bit, as it needs major work), and discovered that the reason the tomato plants aren't doing well is that they are water-logged. b has now helped me to lift up the large pots the tomatoes are in so that they can drain better. I hope they survive.

We're going on an expedition this afternoon to see if we can find our tree - yes, the millenium tree that was planted for the Goggin family in a forest. Surely it must have grown by now and we can find it. We have its number and I'm sure that the government minister who planted it (Seamus Brennan) will be waiting at the forest to show us where it is.

No comments: