Sunday 17 June 2007

Boating at last

Ian came home on Friday with his Physics books. I'd hate to be doing Physics as it seems to involve a lot of learning things off by heart. I remember finding it unpleasant when I was at school, which is one of the reasons I gave it up after 5th year.

We brought up all the bedding to the boat and eventually managed to set sail at about 5pm on Saturday. We intended to go to Dromaan as we reckoned it would be quiet, and we wanted a short journey so that we could get home quickly on Sunday for Ian's sake.

As we set sail the rain started. Luckily it only lasted about 15 minutes and the evening got progressively better. As we reached Dromaan, though, we saw 3 big plastic jobbies speeding up to get there ahead of us, and it looked as if there was a crowd in there. A look around the corner into the harbour confirmed our worst fears in time for us to turn around and go away. We then headed to Garrykennedy.

Near the entrance to the harbour there was a rib with 2 teenagers in it looking distressed. Their engine had given up and they had no oars. We towed them in. Their parents had seen them and came out to help, but it was easier for us to bring them right in.

Garrykennedy was very pleasant and quiet. It was nearly 10pm by the time we ate, and then headed to bed fairly promptly.

Today the lake was like a mill-pond. We were back in Dromineer by 1pm, with an uneventful voyage.

I'd better start the Knocknagow blog for this year now.

No comments: