Don't let anyone cod you into believing that Florida is warm and sunny. I know, because I've seen with my own eyes, that it rains and is as cool as in Ireland. In fact, it is probably cooler than it was at home last weekend. I am pleased to learn this, though, as I'm happier when it isn't too hot.
I woke a while ago, expecting it to be time to get up as I felt refreshed. However, I discovered that I had only slept for a couple of hours and there is a long way to go until morning. So, in desperation, I've decided to blog. This happened last night too (not the blogging) and I eventually managed to get back to sleep for another few hours.
Our hotel is in a completely newly built "town centre". A developer decided that he would build what looks like a European town centre with lots of relatively small shops, without the covered mall that is more common in the US. It is a pleasant place to stroll around, though I haven't yet explored the shops. I was walking around the night I arrived and heard the sound of what seemed like a jazz band. I couldn't work out where it was, but it was pleasant so I explored further. In fact the music was coming from outdoor loudspeakers embedded near the ground, located all around the car park I was crossing.
The team training I'm attending is OK. It is interesting to meet all my HR colleagues from around the world but I don't have much interaction with them, or need to, so it is difficult to participate in team building.
I think I'll try to get some sleep again.
Wednesday 11 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment