Sunday 29 April 2007

Another long committee day over

I arrived home at 10pm yesterday, having set out before 8am. That's a long day when most of it was attending committee meetings.

I was due to Waterford at 10.30am but got tempted by a new set of shops outside Carrick-on-Suir (Meadows & Byrne and Avoce Handweavers). I have passed them at least 20 times when they haven't been open, so I decided to explore. One cup of coffee and scone later (5 euro!) I headed on, refreshed, for Waterford, arriving at 11am. That meant I was half an hour late to meet up with someone who I had thought wouldn't be there, but was. So, the long day started.

I had a pleasant meal with Ian after committees ended. He is just finishing his History essay for Leaving Cert and is happy with his Music practical exam he did on Thursday. The chamber choir is due to premiere a new piece next Thursday at the Cork Choral festival. It was specially written for them in memory of Eric deCourcy, who died a couple of months ago but was the highly regarded music teacher when I was at school. We hope to hear the piece when the Waterford premiere happens on the evening of the Leavers' lunch, 27th May.

Today is supposed to be sunny but it currently looks as if it might rain. I've been doing a bit of gardening, trying to break down the chunks of soil so that they will accept the seedlings I have grown. b bought me some broad bean seedlings yesterday to replace the ones I lost a few days ago, and also some tomato plants that I will try to grow if Leavy doesn't get them.

No comments: