The weather here has been great all week but today rain was forecast for the afternoon. I wanted to do some painting on the boat so headed off to it mid-morning, having walked the dogs first.
I started cleaning the decks with the pressure hose and spent about an hour and a half doing this, completing about one-third of the boat. Then the electrics for the marina gave up. After some investigation it appears that the pressure hose caused this, so I couldn't continue. I then moved on to painting the gates that weren't finished last year. I had put anti-rust paint on them last week so they were ready for the main coat. I completed this and then gave up, exhausted by it all. The sun was still blazing out of the heavens. B had arrived to drill some holes in metal, but I decided to leave him to continue his activities and I returned home, via Nenagh.
Half way home it started to rain. It isn't very wet, but short showers are continuing every now and again. I've arranged to borrow the pressure hose belonging to the marina tomorrow so hope the rain doesn't settle in.
I managed to buy some organic manure in Nenagh, aka poultry shit. The garden will like a bit of rain. There doesn't seem to be much growing in it yet, other than weeds, but I'm optimistic that some of the seeds I planted last week will show their heads some day soon. There are some signs of the potatoes growing up so we might be able to scrap a meal of spuds some day within the next 6 months. Rhubarb is also growing, so that's what we'll have for lunch tomorrow.
Saturday 21 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment