I arrived at the boarding gate for the plane to Shannon just as they were about to board as my connecting flight was two hours late. My name was called just before I got to the gate so I reported dutifully to the desk. They had been calling for volunteers to accept $500 plus an extra night in New York as the flight was over-booked. I was feeling secure as I had booked in very early, when I checked in at Jacksonville, but the man took my boarding card and tore it up. Eek!!! The next stage was obviously an interrogation, and I began to wonder what misdemeanour or felony I could admit to.
Anyway, joy of joys, they had selected me for an upgrade so he just wanted to print me out a boarding card for my new, elevated, status. Business class is comfortable so it was a nice flight, even though I only got about 2 hours of sleep. Even better, when I collected my car I found the front left tyre had not deflated, as it had done the night before I left, so I was able to drive straight home to bed.
I think it is Saturday. I've just looked at the time and find it is late afternoon. The sun has disappeared but it is still warm out. Tomorrow we are going to go sailing, which should complete the relaxation and make me ready for the week ahead.
Saturday 14 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment