A contractor collapsed on the roof of our company this week and he is in a critical state in hospital. Handling the trauma of the first aiders involved, and other follow-up, has made for a stressful and busy week.
This morning I brought some Americans who are moving to Ireland to visit the market for the first time. When they went I had my list with me and had to explain to the stall-holders that I was being allowed to do the shopping all on my own today as b is away in Dublin for the day. They were impressed (well, whatever...) and I think I managed to get most of what was required. Ian got a hair cut while I shoppped - he has a change of style and it looks very good.
While at the market the security company rang to tell me our alarm had gone off at home. I assumed that the dogs had managed to find their way into the hall and upset the motion sensor so Ian and I were dreading what we were going to arrive home to. However, they weren't in the hall and there was no obvious reason why the alarm had gone off. It is still a mystery. Anyone know what error 1 is?
The lovely sun today has meant I was tempted out into the garden and have managed to do a bit more digging. I planted 5 potatoes from Irish Seed Savers, and have also put seeds into pots in a new polythene "greenhouse" thing I acquired cheaply.
Meanwhile C is having problems with mice (it is bound to be plural, I'm afraid, as those blighters are very fond of procreation). It's not at all pleasant to arrive home and find nightclothes chewed up that were on the bed. Mice don't make good bedfellows.
b has made history by going to Dublin on the train from Castleconnell. He says it will break down, as the occasional time he has used trains in the past he has had bad luck with them. He has brought supplies, just in case...
Maybe we will get to the boat tomorrow to start the clean-up and get it ready for use. That would be nice.
Saturday 31 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment