Saturday 10 March 2007

And now for a relaxing weekend

Nothing special is on this weekend so I'm intending to have a really relaxing one. I suppose I'll have to do some housework, including things like ironing that have built up. I might even do some gardening if the weather cheers up a bit. But, the purpose of this weekend is to get rid of my cough and get up the energy levels.

C sounds like she is having a tough time campaigning. I got very up-tight on behalf of my brother when he stood for president of Trinity students' union in the '70s. He won, but it was a nasty campaign. I hated to hear people call my brother dishonest, when he wouldn't know how to be. However, that's politics, and it's sometimes a nasty business. Mind you, I've had that kind of thing in committee work recently - at the meeting I had to attend last Sunday there were statements made that suggested I had "another agenda" for a major decision. I have no idea what my "other agenda" was, or was purported to be, and those who know me know that I had no such thing. However, those who don't know me may be questioning what I'm up to. The fact that I have a clear conscience doesn't really help at times like that.

Ian says he is now old and therefore doesn't know any more what the "young folk" do. His father claims to be better informed. b is feeding the dogs with frankfurters at the moment, having embedded a tablet in Leavy's. She is back to normal energy levels now, though licking her stitches that were put in as one of her metal pins in her leg was removed.

No comments: