Wednesday 7 March 2007

They're all grown up!

Happy birthday to Ian - 18 today. Now I have no under-age children, making me feel very old. I think I'll have to go to counselling for mothers whose children have fled the nest and feel redundant.

Ian is, I imagine, very busy today registering for voting and getting his age card. I supplied him with his birth cert and passport to help with getting these today. Now we will see how (in)efficient the system is for getting onto the register of voters.

Leavy is quiet this evening, recovering from her leg operation. She had one of two pins removed and this should help her to feel more comfortable in walking with her hind leg, as the pin was sticking into bits of her. The fun part will be ensuring she doesn't remove her stitches by licking them. We may have to put a "buster" collar on her if she starts to scratch.

Both of us are recovering from our respective doses of the bonk. I'm still coughing and spluttering but at least have more energy than I had earlier in the week. All the same, I've decided not to go to Newtown tomorrow for a committee meeting as yesterday's trip there, plus the Cork trip on Sunday, have delayed full recovery.

No comments: