Saturday 17 February 2007

Ian is home

I decided to clean the house today. Needless to say, I've had a busy day. My sticking power isn't great, though, so the rest is likely to have to wait for another week. The room that took the longest to do was the shower room. I even took a brillo pad to the toilet to see if I could get the lime off it. Anyway, I'm felling a bit virtuous, though the trouble about housework is that it really needs the same again every week and the gleaming look doesn't last for long.

I also lit two bonfires in the garden. I suspect that is against lots of regulations but I could think of no other way to get rid of all the stuff I've cut back this year. I still have two large piles and will light them again tomorrow if the weather is nice. Today was perfect for a bonfire as there was no wind and clear sky.

Ian is home for half term. He has mock Leaving Cert exams after the break so he has brought home lots of books.....

Our house is full of daffodils. I reckon b must have cleared the market stall of everything that was left. I don't have enough vases to put them in so I've put the closed ones into a bucket for the moment.

b has gone to collect some friends from the airport. They are staying overnight and then he brings them to visit various waterways locations they want to explore before bringing over their narrow-boat later in the year. They need to find a suitable marina as a base and so have a few appointments tomorrow to see them. b will return home on Monday, having left them to a Dublin train at Carrick-on-Shannon. Ian and I will hold the fort hear with the dogs.

No comments: