Saturday 27 January 2007

All is quiet in Castleconnell

It's Saturday and I have the place to myself at the moment. B has gone to the market, I is in bed, the dogs are sniffing around outside, and I am listening to the washing maching working away feverishly. It's a bit cold as the patio door is open to accommodate the dogs, but it's dry.

We have to go into town later to collect I's friend from the bus, and they intend to go to the cinema later. I've changed the sheets on C's bed ready for the guest - I wonder when that was last done??!!

Uh,oh, spoke too soon. The shower has started going and Goldie has come in to lie down and stare at me (lovingly?). On the plus side, the washing machine has finished working.

I'm looking at a photo that was on the front of the Irish Times motoring section this week. It shows a car hanging out of a parking block somewhere in Germany. The driver tried to reverse the car into its spot and allegedly mixed up the accelerator and brake pedals. Presumably this means that the reverse was accelerated instead of brakes put on. However, they must have been applied at great speed as half the car is out the window. Note how I have carefully avoided using he or she, as does the caption on the picture....

We've been wondering what Ians would like for 18th birthdays. It seems that the Ian living here doesn't have any wants and needs (except for an iphone, according to his blog). His father suggests this, though: http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=13583&random=89214504&cid=38&subcat=&scid= . I suspect that is more a present for when he starts working. I hope everyone remembered to wish Spencer a happy 21st and helped him to celebrate it.

I'm thinking that the legs part of a track suit would be useful for yoga as jeans aren't very flexible, kinda like me. I'll have a look to see if Penney's has such a thing today. Maybe if I wear flexible leg things it will make me flexible - ever an optimist!

Next week is due to be busy early in the week. I have to go to Waterford for school meetings on Monday evening and then on to Cork for the day for meetings on Tuesday. Yoga is on Tuesday evening, and then home to normal life for the rest of the week.

I've just changed the tariff on my mobile phone as it appears I don't use 100 minutes, or anywhere near that, per month. I've dropped down to 30 minutes plus 100 text messages, which works out cheaper. I can change monthly if I want, though the new tariff doesn't apply until the end of February. I also get 50 minutes to phone a friend for free who is on the same network, but the sad thing is that I don't appear to have any friends on the network. I also just looked at the landline bill for this month and have discovered a new option. For an additional 7 euro per month we can phone landlines in UK and Ireland during the day for free, as well as in the off-peak times. That seems like a thing worth doing on at least one of the phones.

Anyway, to breakfast now. Muesli and bananas - yum!

2 comments:

CG said...

Ooh that would be good, the new phone tariff thing, then I could talk to you from work!

Knocknagow said...

It will kick in from 1st March so I'll let you know more nearer the time.