It's been an eventful and long 36 hours. 8am yesterday saw me checking into hospital. The day ward is very new and clean and modern. I had to wait a long while before I was brought to the theatre but had lots of visits from various doctors and nurses all filling in forms, checking and double checking that I was who it said on the form and whether what was on the form was what I was really signed up for. By 10am I was knocked out for the count and remember waking up at about 12pm. The rest of the day was spent snoozing, though suffering a splitting headache.
B collected me at 6pm and it was fantastic to get out into the fresh, windy, air. They wouldn't win any awards for conservation in a hospital with the high level of heat!
This morning I went to a meeting in Waterford. I thought I'd be fine as I was being driven by someone else. However, my emotions seem to be affected by the anaesthetic and it really wasn't a good idea to go. Ian rescued me from a fraught meeting and let me cry on his shoulder and bought me some chocolate. Thank you, Ian!
On arriving home I decided to be sensible so have cried off going to a 50th birthday party for Jackie tonight. I think she was a bit annoyed so B is going on his own for the pre-dinner part of the occasion. I feel bad but I don't feel up to it, with that splitting headache not yet gone away.
Today's Irish Times magazine is a very interesting edition about energy and things green. It's well worth a read. Maybe it might even inspire me to grow veggies again this year.
Saturday 13 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment