Saturday 6 January 2007

Happy new year

Back at work a week already, it's amazing how easy it is to get stuck back in after what was a lovely break. I've been suffering from a cold all week. It needs to go away before all my energy comes back. However, work was encouraging as the GM has been reading self-improving books over Christmas and is really taking them seriously in his campaign to make our company a great place to work. Change has to start at the top, so we're getting places.

This morning I have taken down the decorations on the Christmas tree and any other sundry Christmas bits and pieces that were around the house. That definitely marks the end of the season. Ian goes back to school tomorrow so we will be back to just two of us and the dogs.

Pauline's party for women only is today. She has an open house all day to raise money for Adapt House, a women's refuge. I'm not sure when I'll go over, but probably this evening for a while.

No comments: