Is the rain ever going to stop? The river passing through Castleconnell is at the highest level it has been for many years. A big puddle completely covers the road just near Lisnagry as you reach the main Limerick road. Puddles are just everywhere.
Just one weekend left before the Christmas season starts. We're off to Cork, where I hope to do some shopping for those little bits and pieces that make the big day fun and give us a few pressies to pull the paper off.
The first Christmas card we receive is always from an aunt and uncle of mine. They are so efficient and I know the season is getting under way when their card arrives. It came in through the letter box on Monday. Now I suppose I'd better think about sending out mine, though at this stage I reckon I need to resign myself to the fact that my card will arrive with the recipients after they have taken all the other ones down. As a result I'd better ensure that I put notes in them all.
One of my tyres was badly punctured on Sunday and I'm having difficulty getting a replacement one. I rang around tyre places seeking the kind I want (Goodrich) and eventually found a company that supplies them and said they had my size in stock. B kindly offered to drive to them and sort things. When he arrived they told him that I hadn't specified the make of tyre I wanted (tosh, tosh....) so they only had other kinds as the "Polish guy hadn't yet arrived in the lorry".
Wednesday 13 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment