Sunday 24 December 2006

I got into blogger at last!

I've been problems getting access to the new blogger system but I've now worked out what
was wrong so am back in action.  

It's Christmas Eve.  We managed to get a Christmas tree today.  This may seem late but we've been looking for one since Friday afternoon when Carolan cycled to meet me at work so that we could go choosing one together.  We went to all the normal places where there are usually trees aplenty, but this year there was no sign of any.  It seems that there is more money to be made selling trees to other European locations so there is a shortage of them in Ireland this year.  However, all's well that ends well and it is now decorated and looking good.  The fire is lit as well.  The twigs the birds collected to make a nest in the chimney earlier in the year are beautifully dry and helped to get the fire going nicely.

I hoovered the front garden today.  Lots of polystyrene baubles are still on it and gradually making their way into the house so this was the only method I could think of to get rid of some of them.  They are amazingly persistent and I'll have to make a few more forays with the hoover before they are completely gone.

No comments: