Saturday 9 December 2006

Dara O Briain

Isn't Dara O Briain wonderful?  We bought a DVD of his performance in the Theatre Royal in London today and are watching it.  He seems to have endless ways of ad libbing and has an amazing bank of knowledge.  Yesterday he managed to have a conversation with Jonathan Ross on atomic physics and sounded like he knew exactly what he was talking about, out-Jonathaning Jonathan.

Hair cut day today.  I love watching all the fashions on the people who work in the hairdressing salon, and their range of hairstyles.  Everyone was busy and there was at least 20 people rushing around washing hair, drying it, cutting it, dying it, brushing the floor, cleaning towels and doing loads of other jobs.  There was no time for anyone to stand around admiring the work of the stylists today, as sometimes happens.  The guy who cuts my hair knows he is never going to make his fortune from me as I always leave the cut until weeks after I should have gone.  Birds could make nests from the amount cut off each time.

Talking of nests, Goldie is shedding a lot of hair at the moment so any birds nearby who feel like making a nest at this time of the year can have plenty of material.  Great lumps are coming off him and the house is a mess - I seem to be endlessly hoovering.  He managed to find the only mucky puddle, as usual, while on his walk today.  The river was flowing extremely fast and was at the highest level I've seen it in some years.  


No comments: