Saturday 16 December 2006

Back from Cork

Well, we've made it to Cork and back and had a good day of wandering and shopping.  There are a lot of interesting shops and I know that my favourite daughter would love some of the clothes shops.  I reckon a trip there after Christmas during the sales would be a good idea.  It would even provide some driving practise.

We ate at the Farmgate café in the English Market.  It is located on a balcony above the market stalls and is a popular place for eating.  We decided to treat ourselves.  B has this strong conscience that says that when he is in a particular place he must eat the food from there.  Luckily I don't have any such notion as he felt he had to eat tripe and drisheen and didn't find them particularly interesting.  He says they were bland.  They were served in a white sauce.  I had lambs liver and bacon, which was very tasty.

Goldie and Pippa stayed at home so are very lively now.  I had brought them for an early morning walk before we left for Cork but they have long forgotten that.  The river continues to rise.  I must take photos of it tomorrow as I don't think I've ever seen it so high.  Next week is due to be dry and cold so it may be at its highest level now.

2 comments:

CG said...

That shopping trip to Cork sounds like an excellent plan.

Tried to ring last night but got no answer so I phoned Gran for a chat instead!

Ian the Great said...

The phone at home isn't working, so try Dad's number instead.