Tuesday 29 December 2009

Cooking more

I've made some successful sour dough bread. I'd forgotten how tasty if can be. It was a bit crusty, so I'll try to pile it higher next time before baking. The next lot of starter is nearly ready so I can make more tomorrow. The loaf was so big that I thought it would last for a week, and then go stale, but it is nearly finished already. Greedy lot here!

I also attempted to make some nut loaf. I've never made it before but I thought it should look dark when finished. However, that doesn't make sense as all the ingredients, except the mushroom layer, are light coloured. We'll have to try it out. Ian has to take the first taste as he has to determine whether the recipe is OK for the next time Kristin comes to visit.

The fire is lovely and bright and warm. I'm so glad to have this week off to do precious little.

No comments: