Friday 25 December 2009

Coldest Christmas gets milder

I didn't think that a temperature of +2C would be something I would consider as mild, but after the big freeze of the last few days it seems that way. I brought the dogs out for a walk and found that the most surprising places are still slippy. I think the melting ice is flowing over unmelted ice. Tomorrow could be nasty if there isn't a full melt today. Last night my weather machine recorded -7.8C, the coldest ever.

It's the quietest Christmas day we've ever had. We're holding gifts until Carolan and Andy arrive on Sunday so it is a day for taking it easy. Brian has a big meal planned and estimated serving time is 7pm. I've made my fruit salad special, with all the fruit I could find in the supermarket thrown in together. It looks yummy. I now need to use what is left over for making lots of ice cream.

Leavy is very smelly. She and Pippa have found their way into the front room as they feel they should accompany us sitting in front of the fire. Leavy must have rolled in something unpleasant while we were out for a walk. She chased a handsome pheasant. The pheasant got quite a fright!

This photo was taken at c. 9 o'clock this morning

No comments: