Wednesday 1 April 2009

No hope for the kids

Ian and Carolan haven't a hope... Their parents both get themselves into trouble by acting on causes or paths that aren't necessarily the most popular. b has just been accused of being a "journalist looking backward" in an article to be published in Afloat. I'm not sure what to make of that description. Is he a journalist? Does he know how to look backward? Hmm.

Anyway, he is currently doing something unheard of in the history of Brian-kind. He is hoovering the floor in our bedroom. The house must be very dirty! I'll have to do some cleaning this weekend or we'll let ourselves down when the rest of the family returns home for Easter. Ian comes home on Friday, but hopefully he won't notice too much, and will be too polite to comment if he does (for fear that he might be asked to help with the cleaning).

On Monday evening I optimistically planted some parnsip seeds, fully believing the weather forecast that said the next few days were going to be warm. I also put in a row of sugar peas, though they will survive as they are already a couple of inches tall because I grew them first in the greenhouse.

The range of birds visiting our garden is amazing at the moment. They are of all colours, shapes and sizes, though mainly small and of the tit family. None have yet nested in Ian's nest-box, and I'm wondering whether I ought to be putting something in it to encourage them.

Poor old Ian is struggling through the last day of his assignments. Spare a thought for him, as we should all remember what it is like. The last one I did was about 25 years ago, and I still remember it with dread.

No comments: