Sunday 5 April 2009

Rows and rows

I have had a planting weekend. There is now a row of beetroot beside the parsnips, and spinach beside the beetroots. In the greenhouse I've planted seeds of leeks, cabbage, sweet corn and marigolds. And somewhere else in the garden I put some lettuce seeds. Not all of these will grow, but I'm ever hopeful.

I'm fed up of the junk in front of the shed at the front of the house, but I'm not sure what to do with it. However, I got around to tidying it and have now planted the old shower tray with bits and pieces that may product some colour and deflect from the rubble around it.

Nobody will notice it, so I have to explain here all the cleaning I did this morning. I took down pictures and cleaned around all of the living room. You'd be amazed at the places that dirt gathers. Even the couch is now clean so that guests might actually be able to sit on it if we remove the dog cover.

Ian is livening up the house and is putting a lot of work into the Irish Quaker web site. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of his efforts go live.

No comments: