It's Sunday again. The dogs are lying down stretched out on floors and chairs. Leavy occasionally opens her eye just to check that I'm not doing anything untoward, or that she isn't missing out on anything. I wish I had that ability to nap. I'm feeling very tired after yesterday's committee meetings, in addition to "losing" one hour overnight due to the change to summer time.
It looks as if I'll be able to offer both broccoli and leeks from the garden to any family member that comes here over Easter. The broccoli tastes very good even in an uncooked state. I still need to learn how to have food in the garden all year. Mind you, one of the strawberry plants I have in the greenhouse is in flower, and others look close to it, so I might have strawberries available well in advance of the strawberry season (well, 2 or 3 maybe).
The birds are very active on the bird tables this afternoon. There is a robin sitting on one of the posts nearby, surveying all around, and lots of other little twitterers. It's drizzling, and a generally uninspiring day.
Sunday 29 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment