Monday 8 December 2008

and it's only Monday

Having had a sleepless night due to a bad earache, I arrived in to work and logged on. Within minutes a person arrived who had had a row with her boss on Friday and was still apopleptic with rage, and stressed out. This was the start of a day I'd rather forget, and a week that I hope will get better. During the course of the day I got angry with a person who was complaining that the €300 worth of Christmas vouchers he had received were useless to him; had to suss out what looks like a case of bullying; kept trying to stave off my earache and sensitive head; and had to listen to a manager who was offering all sorts of bonuses to his staff while everyone else is tightening their belts. Anyway, tomorrow has to be better.

Warwick and Queens', Cambridge are competing against each other on University Challenge currently. This provides a nice diversion.

What am I going to do for Christmas presents? Help!!!

3 comments:

Sam said...

I think I heard Carolan say she doesn't want any presents this year as she's already getting far too much off the British taxpayer this Christmas - that should be a weight off.

Hope you feel better soon, Mrs G.

Knocknagow said...

I'm much better today, thanks. Do you think that any of the money she is getting from the British taxpayer could wend its way to here? I hope she gives you a good present.

CG said...

I already sent you ideas! Just make the boys tell you what they want. I had a bad day at work too Mum, I'm looking forward to Christmas.