Well, I'm up and running on my new Toshiba laptop after a false start on Thursday evening. The first laptop they gave me had no wireless card in it so I had a frustrating few hours trying to follow the instructions the man in the shop said I needed to follow before bringing it back. b brought it back yesterday and got a replacement. I've been installing things this afternoon. b came home from a seminar he was at in Ennis and has been working on transferring my e-mails to the new system. It's all very cool, and it is great to be able to work away with no wires, and a good battery.
I spent this morning tidying rooms upstairs. It's amazing how dust manages to get into unused rooms. I dusted C's and I's shelves and the bits and pieces they have on them. It wouldn't be good for them to return home at Christmas to neglect! There are clean sheets and duvets on the beds, and the rooms are cosy. The trouble is that it may be too early, and I may have to do it all over again before they return.
The same applies to the dogs. They were groomed this week and look very well. Goldie looks very different. Chunks of hair had been coming out of him for the last few weeks and I think the groomer has done a great job of removing the rest. He looks a lot neater, and is shedding less than he was. Leavy looks all shiny, but it won't last as she doesn't seem to know how to keep herself clean.
I was at the office party last night. One of the advantages of being the oldest there is that I'm allowed to slip away early. It was enjoyable, held in Patrick Punches, but it is good to cut while the going is good.
This evening we're going out for a meal with Janet and Jerry. We haven't been to see them, or vice versa, for a few years, and I'm looking forward to their company. It is freezing out already so we'll have to be careful with driving. There was a spectacular red sky this morning, which is always a warning. I've seen red evening skies before, but it is rare to see such a morning sky.
What will I buy for Christmas presents? I don't like shops so had better get on-line tomorrow or I'll be too late for Christmas.
Saturday 6 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment