It's very easy to write lists, and even easier to ignore them. I have a short list of things I must do today, so why is it that I am allowing myself to do everything except what I really have to do? The list stares at me and makes me feel guilty. On the other hand, I did try to deliver to St V de P and they weren't open, and I have looked at the front room and decided to procrastinate. The hardest item on the list is getting prepared for the meeting I have tomorrow with the selection board for the new Principal. If I didn't know how to do selection I might have an excuse, but I've made a career out of a profession involving it, so I just have to get down to it.
Ian got his new phone. It's very exciting! And, I got the Ryanair reminder that he is due to fly on Friday, so he must be coming home soon. Carolan and Andy have a very long journey, and sea voyage, the following Tuesday, but they'll eventually get here. Does anyone have any ideas on what they'd like for dinner that day? Sam has already told me they don't want (or, is it, deserve?) presents for Christmas, but I suppose we ought to feed them.
Anyway, I need to stop this procrastination and get to my tasks. Oh, and by the way, they just said on the wireless that Liz Nolan had a baby boy this week so that must be why she hasn't been heard on Lunchtime Choice for a while.
Saturday 13 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Soup or eggs please. Poached eggs if possible, with soldiers. I haven't had them for a long time.
Post a Comment