I'm off to Dublin tomorrow to extract Ian from his hospital tests. So far he seems to have had lots of visits from consultants and dieticians and the main aim now is to get him to gain 1 pound a week in weight. To do that he has to consume 1,000 extra calories per day. These will be given to him by a liquid that is more digestable than the milk-shake like substance he was trying to us in the last few weeks. The general concensus is that he will gradually get better. If he isn't considerably improved by September the main consultant will do something further.
So, another week is nearly gone by. Summer has gone away and I'm tempted to put on the central heating. With any luck it will come back by the time we go on holidays as I really need to have a bit of warmth as well as relaxation.
I've just eaten a lovely mixed salad - lettuces of various kinds, rocket, nasturtium flowers, eggs, onions, walnuts, salami, tomatoes (not mine yet), anchovies, wild garlic dressing. Now I am going to head to watch Wimbledon on TV and read the Limerick Leader and Irish Times.
Thursday 26 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment