Saturday 7 June 2008

Saturday

Woke up 7.20am; got myself a cup of coffee while letting dogs out; went back up to bed and read "Which?"; dressed; dug up potato plants that have planted themselves and replaced them with seedling broccoli plants; talked to tomatoes (they're doing well, but they do need some talking to every day!); opened windows in greenhouse; ate some muesli; did bits and pieces.

10am-ish went shopping; first bought Grauniad in Lees; then disposed of bottles in nearby bottle-bank in new housing estate; Lidl was next, to buy air pumps they had on special offer; Superquinn and health food shop were fairly quick to get through; realised I'd forgotten to buy tickets for The Panel in University Concert Hall so went back there, to find that the ticket office wasn't open; then home at about 11.45. No sign of Szymon, who had promised to be there to sand and varnish the front door at 10am, but he turned up at about 1 o'clock, just as we were about to ring him to give out.

Ian and I walked the dogs at some stage. I had spent some time cutting Goldie's hair beforehand so he looked very neat as he walked along. I picked elderflowers and have made some cordial with them. It has to sit for 24 hours so I don't know how it will turn out yet.

It's been a very warm day, making me feel nice and lazy. Ian is heading into town soon to have a meal with Clare and Rion in Luigi Malones. Clare is off to Oz next week so it is her au revoir meal. b is preparing a salady meal for us with salad freshly picked from the garden. I'm managing to get something out of it every day, even though some days it is just a bit of parsley.

No comments: