I've just returned from a CIPD meeting on employment law. There was a good attendance and all went well. Last year was one of much new stuff (could this be something to do with the fact that there was an election?), but this year looks like it will be a lot quieter.
Yesterday a dog who shall remain nameless (as I have no absolute proof that it was her) chewed through the cable connecting the TV to the satellite box. I didn't think any dog could get in behind the table, but I was obviously wrong. Now I don't have any free-to-view TV and will have to think about how to mend the cable. I can probably just reduce its length, but a new end thingy will have to be put onto it. Seems like something to be done at the weekend.
Today is the big birthday day. Rob is a bit depressed at reaching the half century. Kate is thrilled to reach 15. When you add the two figures in Grandpa's birthday together and subtract 1, you reach Kate's age. Grandpa is 88. He spent most of the day having his eye checked. It is apparently in good shape for having the cataract operation done. They have to measure it for a new lens before the operation, but the swelling hasn't yet gone down enough since his last operation.
Tomorrow I go to Cork for the day for a meeting. B will head to Shannon airport to collect Kayla and friend, and may bring them to the Cliffs of Moher for the day. He is a saint!
Tuesday 5 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment