Saturday 16 February 2008

Daffodils and an anchor

It must be nearly March as there are daffodils in the market. We bought some bunches and will keep them in a cold place so that they are just right when C comes home next weekend. I love daffodils. Yellow flowers really make me feel summer must be around the corner. Gorse bushes flower soon too, and they are a lovely sight.

I've no plans for this weekend. That's odd, as I normally know what I want to achieve, even if it is only some cleaning or work at home. I think, though, that it must be because I feel particularly tired and need to do nothing. Eek, how do I do that??

Yesterday evening I went to Pauline's house to get a massage. My left shoulder has been very tensed up for some time and I thought it would be a good idea to go to her as she does massages on an occasional basis. I feel good after it and probably need to go again as my muscles are very tensed up and need a couple of sessions to fix them. She uses a lovely combination of oils as she massages so my skin feels lovely.

This is the salary and bonus time of the year. For me that means a lot of work. We also did a review of pay and I have to feed the information back to everyone. This means I have to attend lots of meetings, some of them in the late evening. I'll be glad when March comes as it has to be over by then.

I've nearly finished knitting the slipover I got wool for a few weeks ago. It is nice to have something to knit when in front of the television, but it hasn't been very fast to knit as I'm rarely sitting in front of the tv.

Ian will be home on 29th March, the weekend of Yearly Meeting. He's at the half way stage now, and it has passed quite quickly, though his illness is upsetting. I've been looking up the information on Mole park, where he will be visiting the first week of March. It looks as if it will be a fascinating trip. Remember to bring covered shoes, though, as they make you wear rubber boots if you only have sandals with you - and that sounds awful in that climate!

b had an exciting find during the week. He was chatting with a person in O'Brien's Bridge about the contents of his book and discovered that a diver had recently brought up what looked like an anchor. b suspects that it was part of a marker used during navigable times, and finds that the top is made of wood that is very old. The National Museum has expressed an interest in it and said to put it back in the water to preserve the wood until a further examination is made



The anchor isn't of any value other than as a piece of waterways history, so it isn't of great interest to a museum, but it is exciting to seem to have found something b had just been researching.

No comments: