Why is it that I end up in positions of responsibility? Why is it that these (voluntary) positions often involve resolving rows? Is it me (says she, thinking of Oscar Wilde and lost parents), or is it that I get appointed in this kind of situation? What would have happened this summer is someone entirely different was chair of NS Committee? Where would we be now - better or worse? In fact, would we have even tackled the junior school situation in the first place?
None of these questions seem answerable right now. If it is me, though, I should get out of my position forthwith. If it isn't me, then it is my responsibility to ensure that rows like this don't happen again over other things. However, I just don't have the energy to do a demanding job and act as chair of NS Committee. Given the choice right now between the two, my job seems more important and deserving of my energies. I'm not a quitter, though, so will probably keep on trundling.
Saturday 1 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment