I like travelling less and less. Orlando was not very exciting - it was hot and sticky and very expensive. It seems that Mickey Mouse attracts lots of conferences and business events so they can charge what they like.
It was worth visiting Patty, who seems to have had a miracle cure, though has now to build up her strength so that she can get on with life. She has always been an optimist, and this is now paying off. It was also good to meet Paul, her intended future partner, who is very nice.
On Thursday evening Jan and Anne (Jan and Patty's mother) came to Orlando to see me and we all had a meal together. Anne has alzheimer's, but is very sweet with it and just goes with the flow. Jan gave me all the family news.
I managed to sleep for most of the flight from New York to Shannon, and then went to bed until lunch-time when I got home. I feel considerably better than I did earlier, but need a few days to get back to normal. This coming month is a busy one, with Newtown-related meetings the next 3 weekends, and at least one committee meeting in the week preceding School Committee. We intend to spend the final weekend of October, which is a bank holiday weekend, bringing our newly painted boat back down to Dromineer. It's very posh!
Saturday 29 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment