The first of the Newtown meetings is over and I'm still alive, though probably not covered in roses. Life goes on, though, and all children are happy.
It's foggy outside this morning, as it was yesterday, but looks set to be a nice day. I hope I can get out in the garden this afternoon, though stupidly agreed to "take lunch" with a friend after Meeting, so that will delay things a bit. Bells are chiming outside, so it must be nearly 9.30am and all Church of Ireland people are being called to church.
Goldie has just taken his last antibiotic tablets. I've also given him a dose of Metacam so he is beginning to calm down from the awful itchiness his sore eye must bring. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to scratch what itches, and the big dish collar around his neck is hampering him somewhat! Leavy is being mischievous, and I've already had to clean up from her misdeeds overnight. Pippa is being her normal quiet self, and isn't even asking me to throw a ball for her. Of course, the men of this household are sleeping soundly.
A really exciting happening in this village went and happened while I was out of the country. We now have a ginormous SuperValu shop alive and open. It's very exciting. The village hasn't known anything this exciting since... well, since. There are at least 200 new houses on sale in the area at the moment so Castleconnell is obviously THE place to be. Aren't you jealous, millions of readers that don't live here?
Sunday 7 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment