Thursday 31 May 2007

It feels like Friday

I've got tomorrow off, and it is a long weekend this weekend due to the public holiday, so it feels like Friday today. I'm confused, though, as all the travelling up and down to Waterford this week has me a bit on the tired side. I set off for Waterford yesterday after work and nearly turned back as I thought I wouldn't make it, but a stop for a sandwich and coffee kept me going.

Tomorrow it is the final day of term at Newtown, so the country fair and sports are on. I've to attend a meeting at 2pm, though (Ian, please note), so it won't all be a relaxing day. Hopefully we'll be on the road home by 3pm.

b has an idea of how to solve the filter problem on the boat so hopefully we will get our holiday in July, as it may take only a week or so to resolve. We've also asked someone to make up decent seats in the living room area - 3 sides with a leather cover, leaving an open centre space where we can put a table when we need it. It should be much more comfortable than the present set-up.

Carolan is in Londinium today. It sounds like a very exciting NUS committee that she has been asked to join, so she has gone up for the first meeting (or should it be down?). No doubt she will let us know more at some stage soon. Her annual ball is on Saturday so we won't disturb her on Sunday!

I went looking for Ian yesterday evening after my committee, but he wasn't in the library. No doubt he had gone off to study elsewhere!!! I know he saw my car on Tuesday as he put two guitars into it, as arranged. If you're out there, Ian, hi! See you tomorrow.

I think I'd better go and relax and read the paper.

No comments: