Monday 28 May 2007

Another power cut - and now it works!

I came home to find the wireless network working. On enquiry, my dear husband admitted that the hi-tech solution came due to another power cut today. He thinks that the order in which you turn things back on may be important. Anyway, I can get back to blogging again.

We were at a great performance yesterday. The Newtown Chamber Choir sounded wonderful in the Franciscan Friary, and we also heard a new female choir (Voci) and a large male voice choir, as well as some classical guitar playing. It was a nice end to a cold day. The "leavers'" lunch was very well attended and it was good to meet up with Andres' parents who had come all the way from Spain. b also met a friend from college days and had a great chat. The dogs got their treat in the form of a big run on Woodstown Strand.

The weather continues to be cold and uninviting. My veggies are growing OK but I don't really feel like going out there to sow more, and to ensure the weeds don't take over. I'm determined, though, that I'll get the better of them all this year.

I have to go to Waterford 4 times this week - one was yesterday; two is tomorrow for a finance committee; three is for a planning committee on Wednesday; and the final visit is on Friday for the end of term. Next week I'll have to go down for School Committee, but then things will begin to wind down for the summer.

No comments: