Sunday 28 November 2010

5 months of silence

I was looking at Sam's blog and noticed that mine is down at the bottom of the list of blogs he follows.  I'm surprised he hasn't thrown me off by now as it seems that it's 5 months since I wrote here.  The longer I leave it, the harder it seems to get to return, and yet I love reading  other people's musings.
Winter has set in today, and we woke up to a light smattering of snow.  This must be the earliest I've seen snow in this part of the country as we normally don't get any, and last year's was after Christmas.  This time last year we were wading through water and our village was cut in half by floods.
We went on a long walk with some friends and dogs across the frosty fields earlier.  It was lovely going "scrunch, scrunch" under-foot.  We explored the ruined castle at Doonass and watched crazy kayakers who didn't seem to mind turning their kayaks upside down in the freezing water.
Now that our friends have gone away I decided to settle down to a lazy afternoon of watching the repeat of the "Late Late Toy Show", the annual extravaganza of toys that are shown off on the Late Late Show.  I think, though, that something must have happened in the world outside our house (maybe something crazy like the country going bust) as it looks as if the TV schedule in the newspapers does not equal the schedule that is actually showing.  I may have to watch it on iplayer instead as it just isn't done to miss it.
Meanwhile, the dogs are snoring after their long walk.  Pippa has curled up in her little nest and is emitting very loud noises.  Leavy is sitting on her leather chair that now only has 3 legs.  If she stays still it won't fall down.
Now that I've procrastinated enough I'll find my sewing and make some progress on it.  Au revoir.

3 comments:

CG said...

Yayy you're back! The walk sounds lovely, but should rightly have been rounded off with a trip to the Anglers Rest for a hot toddy or something. We've got 4/5 inches of snow at work but it's all gone down by the lake. Too slippy to cycle at the moment so I walked to work - very refreshing and invigorating!

Knocknagow said...

We went as far as the Anglers Rest but it has been closed for some time now. It's the recession, you know.

Sam said...

That's passive-aggressive peer pressure for you. I think it's fine if you don't post for a while, really, but there are blogs that go silent and you quietly hope they'll pop back up eventually.