It was lovely to step out into the garden today and be able to dig up some parsnips. I actually felt like doing some gardening, though I'm afraid I don't have the time this weekend. Maybe I'll get a start on it next weekend. The first thing to do is to cut down the raspberry canes...or, maybe, to clean the slippy patio area...or, have a bonfire....or, write a list of priorities and have the satisfaction of ticking them off as I get the tasks done. It's always important to put an easy task on the list, I find, so that the list reduces quicker.
We've been very lucky in getting through the cold and wet weather. None of the family got stuck while travelling to or from here over the Christmas period. We had no water for a few days, but no broken pipes. The boat is still floating and its engine is fine. My parents' house at Kilgarvan didn't get broken pipes. Some kind person seems to have emptied their water tank for them so that nothing would freeze, so Brian was relieved to find the place dry and warm when he ventured up there yesterday. The one bad thing that happened is that my mother slipped on Thursday and has fractured her wrist - so near to the end of the freeze-up!
We looked at cars today. Only one of the dealers quoted me a price based on trading in my Honda CRV. It was such a low price that it really isn't worth getting a new car even though I would be moving to a lower emissions category. A couple more dealers are due to get back to me on Monday so we'll see whether they are consistently gloomy with their prices.
Pippa is snoring! Leavy is hiding herself on "her" black chair. All is peaceful (well, except for Pippa's snores).
We're going out to treat ourselves to dinner this evening. That's an unusual event so I'm looking forward to it.
Saturday 16 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment