It is very rare for me to have a few free days. In the summer we go away to the boat as often as possible so it is only during the Christmas break that I get to have days at home.
This week it has been so mild that I've even been able to do a bit of gardening. My project for this winter is to move all the raspberry canes from one side of the garden to the other, thus freeing up space in the vegetable patch. Today I managed to move some of the canes but have now run out of space to move them to. What I need to do now is move the heap of compost I bought in the autumn from the front garden to the area I want to plant the raspberries. It seems like a lot of effort, but it should be worth it when finished.
The other project for this week has been to get started on making a new flag for Knocknagow. The current one is getting a bit dog-eared as the felt that makes up the lettering hasn't liked the windy and wet weather it has met in the last few years. Carolan and I made it and I realise what a good job we did when I started to de-construct the current flag. Now I have to make one that is even better!
Yesterday we went to visit Knocknagow in Ballinamore, where it is waiting to have some work done to it, including putting on a wheel-house that will protect us from the elements when we are steering. We were a bit anxious that it might have taken on water following the severe frost. Even though it has been over 9C for a number of days now water must take longer to thaw than elsewhere as the whole harbour was still full of thick ice. Anyway, the boat is still floating, so that's a relief.
Happy new year, everyone.
Friday 31 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment