Have you ever had so much to do that you don't know where to start? This seems to be the case in all aspects of my life at the moment and it has left me a bit paralysed. However, today I've started off with some of the things I haven't had a chance to do for some time. The first thing was a hair cut. Then I called in to work for half an hour to do a couple of things that will make my work easier on Monday.
One of the most satisfying has been having a big bonfire. I've had a big pile of hedge clippings and raspberry canes that have collected since the autumn. They dried out nicely over the last couple of weeks and this morning was actually dry - and a Saturday - so I set them alight. I got most of the fire burnt up before the rain came.
Of course, the hardest things to get to are those that require creative thinking. I promise I'll get to that CV, Ian! My head needs to clear first.
Castleconnell is a lovely place to go for a walk. There are always other people out walking too, and sometime someone stops and has a chat. I met a woman on the foot-bridge who stopped to chat, saying she hadn't seen me for ages. Neither of us had a clue who each other was, but we had a great chat, and even exchanged names. She and her husband moved to Castleconnell 20 years ago and live on the opposite side of the river from us.
I know you don't really want to hear about my iphone story, but I'll tell it to you in brief. I decided to order an iphone on line in the O2 shop. In the process I ticked the box to say that I wanted to retain my existing number and move to the payment plan that was required for iphones. The only difficulty in ordering was that they didn't have a box to allow me to say that I was already a monthly paying customer of O2. There were boxes to tick if I was moving from other companies, or even from a pre-pay O2 plan, so I just chose a box at random and ticked it. It appears, however, that good, paying, customers of O2 are not allowed to order from the convenience of their home. As I had difficulty working out which SIM card I was to use I rang the help-line. I was told I was a very bad, bold, stupid customer and that I was to go to a post office and return the iphone immediately. Then I was to go to an O2 shop (note- they'd be unlikely to have a phone in stock) and buy one there instead. I protested, but to no avail. Suffice it to say that I am extremely angry. I have now returned the phone via a post office but am seeking an alternative way to buy an iphone with another phone company, or maybe I won't buy one at all. It's disappointing, as it was my little treat to myself.
This evening we are going out for a meal with Joe and Nikki in Killaloe. Last night I met up with my Avocent pals. What a social whirl!
Saturday 20 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment