Sunday 14 June 2009

That elderflower champagne

I've just tasted the first batch of elderflower champagne. It has a gentle fizz to it, and is nice and elderflowery. It isn't alcoholic, or rather I don't know how it could be with the ingredients in such a short time period, so I assume it isn't. It's very refreshing.

We've stayed at home this weekend, with b going up to the boat to do woodwork yesterday and today, and me going up today. The mornings have started up beautifully sunny but by lunch-time there have been heavy showers, so I didn't feel it was the best weekend for outdoor painting. As a result I tackled the huge pile of ironing that has built up over the last couple of weeks, and I've done a bit of gardening. I also cleaned the oven, always a horrible job.

At the boat today I took a jig-saw to the three middle cubby-holes opposite the sink, and increased their size for access. I then painted the whole area with a clean coat of white paint. We now have much better storage in that area. I took down the hanging bread bin and there are now three layers of plastic drawers for putting all sorts of things in, leaving a smaller tiled area for chopping on, but sufficient for what is needed.

Goldie is deteriorating. b is intending to bring him to the vet to ask for advice this week as we don't like seeing him uncomfortable. He still enjoys his walk, or at least enjoys it on the way out, but has difficulty returning, and collapses when he arrives home.

No comments: