I really did allow myself to get badly burnt on my face yesterday. It's uncomfortable, and my eyes are watery and sore. I went to the University of Limerick sports arena at 8am yesterday, bringing with me extra clothes and lots of layers to wear as it was both wet and cold. By 9am the rain had stopped, and the day gradually got better, though there was a cold wind all day. As I was wrapped up in a coat and lots of layers I didn't really realise the implications of the sun that appeared from about 11am onwards. Silly me!
Anyway, the day was fun. It was the Munster Special Olympics soccer tournament that Vistakon hosts each year. The Special Olympians are great fun - their joy is unlimited, and the occasional tears or tantrums don't last long. I think we volunteers get more out of the event than they do as the cares of the world just don't surface while they are around.
Today was "catch-up-on-gardening-and-ironing" day. I went to Meeting this morning and didn't get home until about 2pm (too much chatting!), but then set to planting out seedlings that are ready for the outdoors and generally organising bits and pieces. The forecast tells me it's going to be cold tonight, though, which could kill everything. However, there's nothing I can do so I'll hope for the best.
This week is Newtown week - committees to attend for the final time as Chair.
Sunday 10 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment