Yesterday was an emotional day at Newtown. It is the end of an era with Henry Collins leaving, and for me it is the end of my major involvement with the school. Here are a few pictures of the day. The picture was commissioned from a past pupil, Sarah Richards, whose brief was to depict Newtown and Henry's influence. She wrote a description with it and I'll publish that when I receive it.
Saturday 30 May 2009
Off to the sun (I hope)
We're off for a weekend on Knocknagow, hoping to meet up with other Heritage Boat Association folks and visit a castle we haven't yet reached on Lough Derg, near to Mountshannon. I also hope to get a second layer of paint onto the areas I painted last week.
Yesterday was an emotional day at Newtown. It is the end of an era with Henry Collins leaving, and for me it is the end of my major involvement with the school. Here are a few pictures of the day. The picture was commissioned from a past pupil, Sarah Richards, whose brief was to depict Newtown and Henry's influence. She wrote a description with it and I'll publish that when I receive it.




Yesterday was an emotional day at Newtown. It is the end of an era with Henry Collins leaving, and for me it is the end of my major involvement with the school. Here are a few pictures of the day. The picture was commissioned from a past pupil, Sarah Richards, whose brief was to depict Newtown and Henry's influence. She wrote a description with it and I'll publish that when I receive it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh that's lovely! What a lovely painting, I assume it's an aerial plan of the school with lots of jolly colours to show what a nice place it is. I thought he had another week left, was sports day yesterday?
Post a Comment