Sunday 23 November 2008

It's all go!

Well, it's all go at the moment. I'm just back from Dublin. Tomorrow evening I share myself between 2 committee meetings, Tuesday I will be in Dublin on a work excursion, Wednesday is Brussels, Thursday is a night out with Avocent friends, and then I'm free on Friday evening before Newtown Committee on Saturday. Last week wasn't much better, and I had to leave poor ol' b with his nasty cold and no nursing. I managed to walk the dogs on a few occasions, but was otherwise useless. He seems to be surviving, though, and is gradually getting better. I'm not a good nurse anyway, so he was probably as well off without me being there.

I stayed last night with my parents. My father was a host spectacular, feeling he had to fill in for the fact that my mother was running a prison workshop by cooking a meal for me and insisting on doing washing up. I just about managed to wangle my way to carrying a couple of things to and from the dining room table, and doing drying up.

This morning I made an appeal to Leinster QM to help Munster QM through its difficulties. This was purely a personal request, but it was nice to be taken very seriously, and a couple of wise Friends were asked to see what they could do.

Yesterday morning b and I called in to Harvey Norman (I still have difficulty with a shop with such a name, but don't know why it is any worse than, say, B&Q). The Toshiba laptop I had my eye on was no longer there, but they agreed to order it for me. I now get a 10% Vistakon discount, so it was worth waiting a couple of weeks as this has only just been offered. I'm glad I brought b with me as we had difficulty establishing the wireless network offering on other alternatives, with the assistant claiming we would have to buy an HP laptop to get 802.11n. However, we knew it was available on the Toshiba, and it is, so there is no need to for us to spend 400 euro extra.

Both Pippa and Leavy have had to be banished to cages at night as they are both producing offerings on the floor on a regular basis. Hopefully nights spent in their cages will put manners on them. They are happy once they are in them, and unlikely to soil their own beds.

Anyway, gotta go now. Chiz!

No comments: